Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Joy In Being Comforted

When I woke up this morning, I awoke to rain. It instantly became a day of sweatpants, hot coffee, a pot of simmering soup, and children laughing from the bedroom as they built forts out of blankets from their beds. I settle into comfort and put on one of my favorites to watch, Christmas at Downton Abbey. As I relish in the beauty of the day, I also am reminded of the things I miss.



Weekends are difficult when my spouse is away. It's never the same when I know he is gone and other families are enjoying their weekend time together as a whole. He is missed and it never feels right.

And as I watch my British romance, I am also missing my Grandmother today. She shared a lot of things with me, these types of shows being one. She was the one I would call when my husband was away as we shared similarities with that lifestyle as well.

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. 

When a person misses another, their heart feels as those it has leaped out from one's chest. You chase back after it but there is a sense that it cannot be recaptured for that moment. Jesus says, "You will be comforted." You are not forgotten when you are sad. But rather, He knows your sadness and He will deliver you. He will restore your soul.

Psalm 20:6 Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand.

Rejoice in knowing that on days that you miss someone, God will see the sadness of your heart. Just like the rain, it does not last forever.

Revelation 21:3-4 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every year from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

2 comments:

  1. Ah sweet friend, my heart is with you. I pray and lift you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Heather! I am looking forward to meeting up with you soon.

    ReplyDelete