Monday, August 3, 2015

Be thou My Vision

Psalm 105:1-5 
Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; 
make known among the nations what he has done. 
Sing to him, sing praise to him; 
tell of all his wonderful acts.
Give in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. 
Look to the Lord and his strength; 
seek his face always.
Remember the wonders he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced. 

There are days that pass by us with worry, fear, fatigue, and doubt. We struggle with knowing how we will make it through when we've been hit with various dilemmas that often make it hard to keep our focus. When we topple in news stories, a falling apart world, along with the struggles we witness of our friends and neighbors, we find that it's hard to know how to hold on.

But it's possible.



We must start our day with the word and put forth our every effort to live life giving praises to the King. We can rejoice in our Savior bringing the good news to the world and proclaim it to the nations. God does so many wonderful things for us each day that we just need to seek them out. Just like the psalmist David writes, "Look to the Lord and his strength, seek his face always."

Instead of focusing on the bad things happening, when we turn our negativity to a positive mindset along with giving the day over to the Lord, He will sustain us. When we lay everything out at our Savior's feet, our spirits will be lifted. We can meet with Him anytime... anywhere. He is always ready for us.

Remember God's promises to us in the Bible when the going gets tough. Consider seeking His face more and more. And when we face opposition, praise His name and think of the words to this song.

Be Thou My Vision
by Dallan Forgail

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.


No comments:

Post a Comment